Take a trip to Mars you won’t soon forget with the power of PlayStation VR and Doom 3: VR Edition. The game arrives March 29 for PlayStation 4 and is backwards compatible on PlayStation 5. Take your Aim controller in hand, put on your PS VR headset, and step into the armored boots of The Doom Marine. Fight for your life as one of the few survivors left in a UAC facility overrun by demons.
Doom 3: VR Edition features Doom 3 and its expansions, Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Mission, retooled for PS VR technology. Uncover the secrets of the UAC’s unholy experiments, encounter uncanny monstrosities in claustrophobic environments, and wield an arsenal of iconic (and even otherworldly) weaponry with new textures, shaders and sound effects as you survive against the forces of Hell across over 15 hours of heart-stopping action.
Feel even closer to the terror with all-new VR enhancements that allow you to peer around corners, angling your shots with flashlight-mounted weapons using motion controls, 180-degree quick-turn functionality to catch demons sneaking up from behind and an immersive wrist-mounted display to track your health, armor and ammo. Combined with the original Doom 3’s critically acclaimed blend of action and horror gameplay, virtual reality fans are in for one Hell of an experience with Doom 3: VR Edition.
PS VR Spotlight announcements
- From the creators of Arizona Sunshine, After the Fall brings fast-paced co-op FPS action to PS VR
- Expansive JRPG-inspired MMO Zenith is coming to PS VR
- I Expect You To Die 2: The Spy And The Liar returns to PS VR
- PS VR action-adventure Fracked launches this summer
- Embrace the primal wilderness of PS VR survival game Song in the Smoke
- Face your nightmares in Doom 3: VR Edition for PS VR